About RO DBT Australia
RO DBT Australia is a service of the Australian DBT Institute with a focus on the delivery of clinical services in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) through our independent contractors as well as the training and development of mental health professionals in collaboration with Radically Open Ltd.
The Australian DBT Institute was founded in 2004. The institute has been providing leadership in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy since 2004, Trauma-Informed Adaptions of DBT since 2010, and Radically Open DBT Since 2021. Our clinical services are provided by our Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, and Counsellors who have completed intensive training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Radically Open DBT, and Trauma-Informed approaches. Our centralised intake service is provided through our Essentia Health Clinics in Melbourne, Sydney, and Gold Coast/Brisbane.
Individual Therapy and Skills Classes in RO DBT
Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) is a highly effective treatment approach that has been supported by over 25 years of clinical research. RO DBT specifically targets a range of disorders characterized by excessive self-control, commonly known as overcontrol (OC). Our Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, and Counsellors are intensively trained RO DBT practitioners (Level 3) who practice from a range of clinics including the Essentia Health Clinics and DBT Clinics offering specialized RO DBT treatment, which includes individual therapy sessions and skills training classes.
Training for Mental Health Professionals in RO DBT
Through the Australian DBT Institute‘s collaboration with Radically Open Ltd we offer in-person and online training for mental health professionals who are interested in incorporating RO DBT into their practice. Our training programs equip professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide effective RO DBT treatment to individuals with severe and difficult-to-treat mental health problems.
Why choose RO DBT Australia?
- We specialise in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT), a research-backed treatment approach that targets overcontrol and helps individuals develop more flexible and adaptive behaviors.
- Our therapeutic approach targets the five key themes of overcontrol, with this approach showing evidence of individuals improving their quality of life when struggling with these challenges.
- Inhibited Emotional Expression
- Perfectionism and Rigid Standards
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Overly Cautious and Risk-Averse Behaviour
- Inflexible Thinking and Problem Solving
- Our therapeutic approach targets the five key themes of overcontrol by helping individuals develop greater emotional openness, social connectedness, and psychological flexibility.
- Our therapeutic approach focuses on teaching specific skills and interventions tailored to each client’s unique overcontrol tendencies, with the goal of promoting a more balanced and fulfilling life.
- Our specialist Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, and Counsellors are intensively trained (Level 3) in RO DBT through the Australian DBT Institute‘s collaboration with Radically Open Ltd
- Our specialist Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, and Counsellors attend regular professional development and mentoring through Radically Open Ltd and the Australian DBT Institute
Referral to our Individual Therapy and Skills Classes
Referrals are accepted through our DBT Clinics intake services via email, phone, fax, medical objects, or by completing the below online referral form.
- Call our team on 07 5647 3438
- Send an email to email: email@example.com
- Have your GP or Psychiatrist fax your referral to 07 5676 6771
- Ask your GP to send a referral via Medical-Objects to Dr. Peter King (5949971K)
Or you can complete the following online form